Winter Sports Protocol
BRISTOW PUBLIC SCHOOLS
WINTER SPORTS PROTOCOLS
To all of our constituents:
The safety of our students, staff, and families remains our number one priority. We are making every possible effort to keep our doors open for school. We are also trying to keep school life as normal as possible for our students. Extracurricular activities are a major part of our students lives. We are asking for everyone involved to work together to keep our activities going as normal as possible. All parties involved must honor the guidelines listed below in this letter. If we all can work together, we will keep having as normal a school year as possible. If we have issues with people NOT following our guidelines, we will be forced into taking more drastic measures like closing the gym to all spectators. This is the worst case scenario for us. By working together, we can keep playing games at all levels.
All of our guidelines are based on information we receive from the CDC, OSDH, OSDE, OSSAA, and the Tulsa 7 Athletic Conference. Even with all the precautions we are taking, there is still a risk of transmitting the virus and being exposed to the illness.
Basic action steps of Bristow Public Schools:
- Watch yourself - If you are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath) or have had contact with a person with COVID-19, DO NOT enter the facility. Stay home and take care of yourself. Any close family members should adhere to this as well.
- Wear your mask - Masks must be worn at all times while inside the gym. This is no longer a suggestion. Masks must be worn, or you could be asked to leave by administration. This applies to all school-aged children and adults.
- Wash your hands - Wash your hands as often as possible, and use hand sanitizer when available.
- Watch your space - Social distancing should be practiced at all times. Six feet of space is suggested. We are also suggesting for families to sit together in small groups if possible.
Winter sports protocols for Bristow Public Schools:
- Masks will be required for everyone entering the gym. NO mask = NO entry. Masks must be worn at all times during the contest. If a person does not comply with the mandate, they will be escorted out of the facility.
- Seating will be limited during all regular varsity contests. Some seating may be marked off as unavailable. Please do not attempt to sit in any of these areas.
- Fans will observe the Home Side and Visitor Side seating arrangements. No fans will be allowed on the floor before or after games for any reason.
- Social distancing is a must for everyone inside the facility. Six feet apart is the standard measurement for safety.
- Ventilation fans will be utilized to keep fresh air circulating in the building.
- Concessions will be limited to pre-packaged food and drinks.
- Only coaches, players, cheerleaders, and administrators will be allowed on the floor of any contest. Photographers must be approved by administration, and they will not be allowed on the floor of any contests.
- Pre-approved media will be seated on the home side in the old score booth.
- Athletes from all schools will be pre-screened before home and away events per agreement by all Tulsa 7 Conference schools.
- All fans must exit the building at the end of all contests. We will not allow people to congregate in the lobby.
JUNIOR HIGH BASKETBALL GAMES:
- All Tulsa 7 Conference schools have agreed to split the schedule this year. If the boys play at home, the girls will travel. The second contest of the year will flip this order.
- Junior high games will not have a voucher system at this time. By splitting the schedule, we can spread out in the big gyms.
VARSITY BASKETBALL AND WRESTLING (REGULAR SEASON GAMES)
VOUCHERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO ENTER THE FACILITY
- All players, coaches, and cheerleaders will receive 4 vouchers. If someone does not use the vouchers, they must be returned to the athletic department by noon on gameday. We will redistribute the vouchers as needed.
- Vouchers will be provided to visiting schools at least two days before the contest. Each visiting school will receive 120 vouchers. Administration and coaches will determine who receives visiting vouchers.
- Cheer squads will be limited to 6 participants at a time. Masks must be worn during the contest.
- All coaches, trainers.and players on the bench must wear masks at all times. Bench area is limited to uniformed players, coaches, and trainers. Non-uniformed players must sit in the stands.
- EVERYONE ENTERING THE FACILITY MUST HAVE A VOUCHER WHETHER YOU ARE PURCHASING A TICKET OR USING A PASS.
- NO VOUCHER = NO ENTRY
WRESTLING TOURNAMENTS ON DECEMBER 11, 12, and 18 will be for participants only. FANS OR CHEERLEADERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND EITHER OF THE WRESTLING TOURNAMENTS THIS YEAR.
We know some of the winter sports protocols are extreme, but we are doing everything we can to keep playing sports. We will continue to monitor guidelines from the CDC, and the county health department. Any changes will be made immediately.
Please help us out by following the basic action steps listed previously. Any questions or concerns to be sent to:
Freddie Hall - Athletic Director - Bristow Public Schools